Our frame was delivered to site on Saturday, which we discovered when we drove out on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately the weather was terrible and we were seriously hoping that the frame wouldn’t float away!
It rained on Saturday afternoon. It rained on Sunday. And it poured on Monday! So on Tuesday when I took a drive out to the site (more to make sure nobody had done anything to the frame!) I was very pleased to see that the steel beams were being delivered (in the pouring rain).
Finally on Wednesday the weather started to clear, so my drive to the site uncovered some builders out there, organising the jigsaw pieces. And on Wednesday afternoon when I drove back out there, there was actually some progress – the frame had started being erected.
On Thursday they completed the lower level framework, and this morning we took a drive out to discover the that crane was onsite moving things up:
I had imaged that this would be a fairly big job, and so when we went out there again this afternoon to play in the park, we certainly weren’t expecting to see this!
It looks so imposing from the park!
Now all we need are the roof trusses before another enormous progress payment bill arrives in my email inbox. Yay!!!